Monday, December 5, 2011

The Waiting Game

There has been nothing to post until the last two weeks. The Nursing department is silent on the details that my Type A brain needs. I'm a planner and a scheduler, but that doesn't seem to be possible at this point. I don't know where I am allowed to get uniforms or the specifics, not sure about purchasing the NurseSquared software access yet, and I am terrified that my schedule is going to have an unforeseen twist in it. I have nailed down the hours I can work with my employer and it is based on the class/clinical schedule posted online. In reading online forums I noticed that most nursing programs around the country have some sort of "skills lab hours". I just hope they are close to regular class times so that I don't have to miss too much work or drive back to the college twice in one day.
I did get 3 of my 5 textbooks ordered. Got them at a huge deal from Half.com!
Fundamentals of Nursing w/CD (Potter/Perry) $33.00
FON Study Guide and Skills Checklist $22.00
Dosage Calcualtions w/CD (Mosby) $28.00

I still have to get my Pharmacology book and a Mosby's Diagnostic and Laboratory Test Guide. Again, hoping there is no curveball. The pocketbook is already thinning and I have about half of my tuition saved at this point. It is due January 6th!

In reading through the student handbook that they gave us, (you would think that would answer most questions, but obviously I have the oddball questions that are not addressed) I did find that they specifically mention that skirt bottoms are allowed as part of uniforms. I didn't want them to make me wear a dress because I'm so tall that it would no longer be a modest length on me. I do know there will probably come a day when they won't allow my skirt in the OR or there won't be a hospital scrub skirt available. I won't waste time thinking about that now though.

I'm super excited despite all the unknowns. God didn't bring me this far to leave me! I'm going to be a Registered Nurse in two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment